Learner Drive Nights are an experience night for learner drivers in a controlled, safe environment. Learn how to act and respond to Emergency Vehicles & Personnel in on-road simulations. Build confidence in your dealings with those that are here to keep you safe!
The purpose of this course is to provide familiarisation for learner drivers when faced with Emergency Vehicles & Personnel. From pulling out of the way to allow emergency vehicles to pass, to the act of being pulled over, the interaction and RBT processes. Learners will be briefed in a short classroom environment before heading out on to the Queensland Raceway Circuit for the driving activities. This opportunity allows learners to become confident in their actions when faced with flashing lights and sirens; as well as what to expect when interacting with emergency staff.
What will you learn and experience?
- What to expect when emergency vehicles approach
- Your responsibilities when emergency vehicles approach
- How to let emergency vehicles pass
- Experience emergency vehicles passing enroute to a job
- RBT interactions and simulations
- Experience and learn what to do when being pulled over by emergency personnel
- Safe practices when dealing with emergency situations
- Understand your responsibilities in an situation when interacting with emergency personnel